1. India total media ad spending is estimated at $10B in 2019
2. Media ad spend growth rate is about 14% in 2019, 2 times the average worldwide growth rate
3. India average ad spend per person is amongst the lowest in the world
Given India inconsistent GDP growth, we can only be cautiously optimistic about its advertising growth potential.
4. TV and Print Ads still take the largest share of the media ad spend in India
5. Digital media ad spend growth rate is double that of TV
6. Digital ad spend growth rate is expected to slow down significantly to around 14% in 2022
7. Spend for social ads and video ads are taking up more and more share of the total digital ad spending
This trend is not surprising given that Facebook has more than 260 million users in the country and YouTube has 230M viewers
That’s all for this topic for now. For more information about India digital landscape, here it is.