1. Total Indonesia media ad spend in 2019 is expected to be around $3 billion
Another key metric that will provide additional insight is total media ad spending per person. As you can see from the graph below, per person ad spending for Indonesia is very far behind many other countries, so the industry still has a lot of room to grow.
2. Indonesia total media ad spending growth rate is expected to be lower than China, Russia,
and India in 2019
3. Indonesia is still a substantial TV market, with more than 60% of the total ad spending share
4. Not surprisingly, digital ad spending growth rate is
doubledigit in 2019
TV and Out-of-Home continue to grow at decent rate over the next 5 years.
5. Similar to other developing economies, digital ad spending in Indonesia is mainly about mobile ad spending
Given the dominance of TV ad spending, Indonesia mobile ad spending penetration (as a percentage of total media ad spending) is comparable to India, much lower than Brazil, Russia, and China.
That’s all from me for now.