1. Taiwan ranks number 15th in the world for overall games revenue in 2018
According to Newzoo, Taiwan Games market size in 2018 is around US $1.2B. This is even more impressive since Taiwan population is ranked number 56th in the world.
2. Mobile games is getting more popular amongst internet users than console games or PC games
Data from Newzoo Taiwan Games market 2018.
3. Mobile games is forecasted to be 60% of the total games revenue in Taiwan by 2021
Data is from “research and market“.
4. Average revenue per paying gamer in Taiwan is 3rd in the world and average revenue per gamer is 2nd.
This is partly because a lot of gamers in Taiwan pay for in game items and virtual goods (according to the same report from Newzoo)
5. More than 11 million Taiwan internet users watch gaming video content, at 54% of online internet population penetration, second only to China
6. Cost per mobile game install in Taiwan is amongst the highest in the world
7. The majority of the top 10 grossing games in Taiwan are from local publishers, Singapore or China
The same could be seen on iOS
8. In Taiwan, they even have gaming classrooms and gaming cafes
To get a sense of the place, I will encourage you to check out this article “6 reasons why Taiwan is a gamer’s paradise” from Stuff.tv.
That’s all from me. Feel free to drop your comments below