1. Indonesia population ranks 4th in the world while the number of internet users ranks 5th
For Indonesia population rank in the world, check census here.
2. Indonesia internet penetration is expected to be more than 50% in the next few years
3. Mobile internet users in Indonesia rank 5th in the world too, which is not surprising
4. Given the young population (median age below 35), it is not surprising that digital video and social network are popular amongst Indonesian internet users
Indonesia ranks 5th in the world for both digital video viewers and social network users.
5. Similar to the developing economies, many Indonesian internet users use mobile phone to digital video viewing and social network
6. Given that Facebook and Instagram are blocked in China, Indonesia is the 4th largest market for both in the world
7. Compared to Facebook, the number of Twitter users in Indonesia is tiny
8. E-Commerce is growing proportionately in Indonesia, which ranks 5th in the world in terms of the number of digital buyers
Digital buyer growth rate is expected to maintain at double digit in the next few years
Indonesian digital buyers are familiar with using mobile to do their transactions
9. Mobile proximity payment represents a huge area for growth in Indonesia given such a small current user base
That’s all from me for today.